Press and Media for Adventures on the Gorge ResortWhat the World is Saying about Adventures on the Gorge - West Virginia's Biggest Adventure Resort.
Adventures on the Gorge: Class VI-Mountain River, Rivermen, and More in the NewsOn November 7, 2010, MSNBC aired an in-depth interview with the founders and owners of Adventures on the Gorge. See a partial clip of the story here. You'll understand so much more about why the premier brands of Rivermen, Class VI, and Mountain River Tours merged, and where they are going from here.
American Business: Rapid Growth
6:22 | Nov 7, 2010 – A friendly rivalry can sometimes be good for business, but imagine going head to head with the same competitors year after year and then one day, you're co-workers. That was the case for the employees at three whitewater rafting companies that merged in West Virginia. While the decision to join forces was clearly good for business, the owners never realized it would quickly become a lesson in conflict management.
Watch the full interview here.
Learn more about the news story here.
- Our most important quotes come from you, our guests, please check out the comment section of our blog and see what others, like you, have said about their experience at Class VI.
- "Bond with your best friends over adventures like rock climbing, ziplining, and off-roading in the Mountain State."
All-Inclusive Adventures in the New River Gorge Region of West Virginia
The Charleston Gazette takes note of the transformation of local whitewater rafting companies to world-class adventures resort.
New River Gorge Gravity Ziplines Offer Adrenaline Filled Views of the New River GorgeNew River Gorge Gravity Ziplines are set to take in a panoramic view of the New River Gorge. The open-air zipline offers a mile-long tour, zigzagging across the ridgeline and crossing a scenic mountainscape. Gravity takes riders soaring a jaw-dropping 200 feet above the ground at its highest point.
New for 2009 Popular Mechanics August Issue features TreeTops Canopy Tour, “ Fly by wire ” by 'T Edward Nickens'
- "An in depth look at West Virginia's first sustainable canopy zipline tour."
Class VI- Mountain River Awarded Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth 2009
- We are thrilled to be recognized as one of the Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth in the 2009. See our review here.
Field & Stream, “Smoking the New” Lionel Atwill March 2001`
- "Class VI is by far the most sophisticated outfitting service I’ve ever encountered."
Camping Life, “River Ride” Rob Reaser May 2000
- “Class VI is staffed with experienced dedicated and fun-loving folks whose mission is to make sure you and your family have a safe and exciting experience on and off the water.
- “Being a fishing enthusiast, I must mention to those of you who enjoy angling that the New River is considered by many to be the best small mouth bass stream in the east—arguable in the United States.”
- “The Class VI literature boasted of having the best lunches and dinners on the river and I’m now a believer.”
- “…Whitewater rafting can definitely be a family-oriented activity that’s not nearly as frightening or dangerous as I first suspected. In fact, it’s an absolute scream the entire family will enjoy.”
Gourmet Magazine “Whitewater in West Virginia” John A. Glusman May 1996
- "One of a dozen or so outfitters in the area, (Class VI) offers first-rate river running and a wide menu of options…”
- “Karen Horvath was our field chef, and her prime rib, baked potatoes, and grilled vegetables are as welcome as a warm hearth on this cool, damp evening.”
Sky Magazine “Lucky Duckies” David Bailey May 2000
- “Luxury camping at its finest”
- “Two days of exhilarating whitewater action down the scenic and wild Upper New River…while someone else provided the tents, sleeping bags, gear and wave after wave of absolutely fabulous food.”
- Adventures On The Gorge introduces all-inclusive vacation packages in 2010
- Adventures on the Gorge Companies Net Top Marketing Honors
- Rafting with Class VI-Mountain River and Adventures On The Gorge a success
- 2010 Spring Adventures on the River and on Land on the New River Gorge
- National Geographic 1999
- Travel Holiday 2004
- Charleston Daily Mail June 7, 2002
- Sport Afield 1999
- Washington Flyer Magazine 2001